Friday, January 2, 2009

Good Start (No, not the baby formula...)

You know it's going to be a good year when you start it off with the stomach flu! Everyone's writing about how this year is going to be a year of change....oh, yes, it is - change the sheets, change the p.j.'s, change the hand sanitizer 'cause it smells funny......

We had a really good holiday, as you can tell by my lack of posting. It was busy and crazy and just a little sad. So many new things coming our way this year. Where will we be next Christmas? I have no clue, but I DO know The One who does. He has it planned out for us and so I'll rest assured in His arms.

The kids really enjoyed the holidays, as always. I'm so amazed by their maturity this year. Things are tight....with everyone, and unfortunately we're living in a time where our kids actually know the meaning of "economy" and "market" - but, it's provided many a good lesson on the meaning of "gratefulness" and "contentment". What the enemy intends for harm, our God uses for good.

Scott was able to take several days off over the holidays and we used them to our advantage, because, as you know.....we won't see much of him until the end of April. We were talking about something going on this weekend when I remembered he starts working Saturdays this Saturday. It always comes too fast. He'll be traveling back and forth to K.C. every day starting next week. Pray for his safety and my sanity as we enter this time.

I've become obsessed with some books about Amish life and if you haven't heard me tell this before....When I read a book, I am literally transformed into the book. It takes me a good couple of days to adjust back to the real world. I think that's why I love reading so much. So, I had to put the books down when I'd stop myself in the middle of the "Oh, I should go get started on the milking and after that I think I'll whip up some homemade jams and jellies" thoughts. Yes, it gets that bad!

I'm having surgery in about 10 days. I'm on my knees that this is what will turn my health around. It gets old when people ask "How are you?" and, you just have to smile and say "Fine." or else they'll get the whole chapter book on periods and ovulation and other socially inappropriate topics. It's good we're all friends here and I can type these things unabashedly.

It's at this time that I would love to share wonderful pictures of our family celebrating the joy of Christmas with you all, but, then there's the problem of getting the pictures out of my camera that I never took! So, this is what you get, doesn't it kind of remind you of those "Christmas Letters" that a family member sends you every year? Except, they probably don't talk about vomiting and woman problems in those. Nope, pretty sure they don't......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally!!! But I still would like to see some pictures??? Oh wait... I have pictures of your children in my own camera. I enjoyed Christmas with your family and can't wait to see what next year brings to our family. I love you.
mom

Anonymous said...

That was quick! :o) This year will be great...Christmas next year will be with those you love, whether here or there..we'll come do it with you! You made me laugh through this...love it!

Anne said...

I love you so much and I am on my knees with you. Please call me I want to chat with you and get the particulars. When coming up on my surgery I ran into Psalm 18 and 27..... such a precious promise to know God loves us and holds us. I remember that day.... they were running late and I had to sign a few more things before my nurse could give me anything for nerves. People stopped by and prayed with us. When they came to get me Micah walked as far as He could... leaned over prayed, kissedme and then as I switched from cart to table they put a little air and said start counting for me. I smiled and said no I'll pray.... I knew that the Lord was holding me and my precious family. And he would be there the entire time with me, my husband and family in the waiting room and my sweet children who were playing at a friends. That is the thing that brings us peace the world can not understand....... He holds me and promises too for all eternity... when you have made stupid choices that took you away from that you thought and watched Him rescue you from yourself...... you have lived, known and come to count on it. I love you sweet sister.....
Call if you have a little time or just stop by. I would love to chat and pray..... I am here. IV pole and all.... :)
Annie bananie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne said...

I love you and am praying!!!!!