Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to Work!

Today was my first day back to work. I am working part-time at Scott's firm doing some admin stuff, small tax returns, and mostly payrolls for clients. I'm actually kind of excited to get back into an office environment, at least for a little while! The firm takes such good care of us and offered me the job until I figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. Scott will be my "boss" so I'm excited to work with him throughout the week. We worked together the first 4 years of our dating/marriage which I thought would not work out (the working part, not the marriage part. okay, maybe sometimes both!) :), but, we do really well working together! Plus, he needs a chance to be in charge every once in awhile! It was so easy because I already know everyone and what the firm is about. It felt very comfortable going in today! The getting up at 6 a.m. - not so much. But, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

I forgot how girly and pretty you feel when you get dressed up professionally. Thanks to some of my favorite people I was able to put together a brand new gorgeous outfit for my first day. Darby saw me this morning and said "Oh Mom, you look soo beautiful. Come over here...we need to take pictures of your first day!" So, I'm including the pictures of the fashion show. Don't pay any attention to the red face...it's normal thanks to these wonderful things called hot flashes!















Tonight Aidan has his first soccer clinic. He's actually sitting here in his gear already. I'm thinking he might be excited? I can't wait to see how it goes. Although, if I hear "Is it time to go, yet?" one more time, I may have to kill him...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! and Darby was right, you look great! So glad things are going so well!

Keri said...

I'm so glad you get to dress up again. I know you will do really well there. Give the kids a kiss for me.

Keri said...

By the way..... I have those exact same shoes!!!