Monday, January 14, 2008

I Know.......

I've been promising pictures. But, the truth is, I haven't taken any. I'll make a mental note to take some this week. Last week only lasted 2 days (it felt like) and I don't even know where my camera is at this point. And, so, you'll have to learn patience! :)
We are in the planning process for our trip to Dallas over spring break in March to go stay with Aunt Nikki and visit the newly built American Girl Doll store. I've almost had to stop talking about it in front of one particular seven year old, because she's one of those kids that cannot stand waiting for something exciting that she knows about. So, I'm on covert operation to plan the dates and specifics. This is the excitement in my life.
Darby started at the Topeka Civic Theatre Academy last Thursday. She didn't really like soccer so much and so we made her finish the season last fall with the promise that she could choose something different for the spring. Aidan loves soccer, so, we'll still get to be involved - but, he informed us last night that he wants to try out for football too. (Which upon visioning makes me chuckle.) I'm not sure where he got the idea from, but he's determined, now.
So, Darby looked around at some different activities and decided she would like to try the Academy. She LOVED it! It's a 7-week program where they develop the acting, singing, etc. skills and at the end they put on a tiny little performance. But, it's my understanding that she can audition for something after she's completed the class. She finished the 1st class and went straight over to the audition boards and decided she wants to audition for Robin Hood this summer. Since it's over the summer and not during school I'm considering letting her. It's a very big schedule (Wed.-Sun. performances) and so, we're putting A LOT of thought into it. She has, however, only completed 1 class - so we'll see how the remainder goes.
I entered the year that I turn 30 by ordering new glasses last week. I've needed them for a really long time and kept avoiding the issue. During all this time my eyes got a lot worse and so I finally broke down and made the appointment with the eye doctor. The kids are so excited. I am not.

0 comments: