Friday, November 14, 2008

Beauty 101...

If I start throwing out big words like anode and cathode, or orbicularis oculi, and maybe even immiscible substances - it's not because I suddenly turned genius and started medical school. It's because these are actual things I have to know to become a liscensed cosmetologist. Hey, I just signed up to do hair!

I will be taking my state boards in approximately 3 weeks and I am a studying fool. I'm taking practice tests (and failing miserably) and making notecards and reading a TEXTBOOK. I know, you envy my life.

Please pray that I can stay focused (how am I supposed to do that when Jon and Kate are about to renew their vows, and the Real Housewives of Atlanta are in such a tizzy, not to mention Meredith and McDreamy are finally together!?!?). My priorities are SO in line! I'm not a good test taker, that is why I'm a cosmetologist. But, unfortunately the state of Kansas thinks that in order for me to roll a great perm or turn people blonde/red/brunette/gorgeous requires me to have the knowledge of chemistry, electricity, and anatomy/physiology. So, I guess I have to follow the law. Speaking of, there are exactly 10 law questions on the test, too - mental note...study law.

If you don't hear how I did on this test, I'm sure it's because I only failed by one point......

2 comments:

Anne said...

I am praying for you....I want you to come do my hair!!!! Me being sick has been brutal and I am dying to find a style while it grows out.... that looks good and like I care because I do!!!!!
Plus my blonde has gone away alot since children.... I do not know whether to go back or try new. With my luck (and iv meds) I will probably get green....

I am praying for you and know you will do awesome....
you have been doing hair as long as I can remember....

Anonymous said...

Twice in one week????? Now I won't have to go to Sarah's anymore. Well, yes I will because she's really good about posting pictures.