Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Did You See My Face on the Side of a Milk Carton?

Hello all. It's been awhile. My mother has resorted to checking my friends' blogs to see what's going on in our lives. Or at least pictures of her grandkids.

I'm recovering from a little surgery I had 12 days ago. (But, who's counting....) Slowly, very slowly, I'm starting to feel a little normal again...whatever that means. :)

I'm hoping that tomorrow I can get some pictures up on here. My camera is such a piece of junk and, oh yeah, so's the computer. So, the effort just hasn't been worth it but I feel bad for my children's grandparents so I'll put some on here to ease my guilt!

I just wanted to share these two funny little stories because they are so typical of every day here at the Martin house...

Story #1 - Darby and I were going through her closet on Monday weeding out all of the shirts that fit like they were glued to her body and pants that were screaming "We're waiting for the flood, y'all!" It's been a LOOOOONG time since I've done this and my kids' closets were not equipped to deal with fall weather. So, I'm digging through the closet and Darby's trying things on and I hear her say behind me "You know, Mom, I really don't like these turtle-lips. They're not very comfortable." As soon as I turn around she looks me dead straight in the eye and says "I said turtlenecks, I did, I really did. Turtlenecks." Yeah, uh huh.

Story #2 - Aidan is REALLY, and I mean REALLY, into sounding out words, asking us to spell stuff, spelling things to us. He's a never-ending walking dictionary these days. Today, he comes running into the living room and says "Mom, guess what!! I can spell something all on my OWN!" Of course, I'm waiting with baited breath, ready to be so proud of all the hard work I've put into making him a little genius and he says "I can spell ok. O---K! Woo Hoo!!" I'm so proud. Can anyone say "gifted"!?

0 comments: