Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Little Boys...

Their purpose in life is to create as MUCH havoc as they can on their mother's lives. The following is a true story and is in no way to be performed in your own home without supervision:

I'm talking to my friend, Jolene, on the phone and my mother's instinct perks up. Or, maybe it was the sound of the buttons on the microwave...Anyway, I jump up to go check out the situation just in time to see blue sparks emitting from my microwave. Of course, I shriek, right into the ear of poor Jolene and run to open the microwave and remove the offending piece.

Which, happens to be Aidan's METAL THERMOS for his lunch box. And, to think, I stopped it with only 52 minutes and 5 seconds to go. LORD HAVE MERCY!

I explained to my giggling tyrants that under no circumstance should metal ever be placed in the microwave EVER again....all the while, Jolene is giggling at me in the background....And, from now on all items being placed in the microwave must be approved by me. Darby looks at me and says "But, is Aidan's THERMOSTAT ruined?"

Nope, but I think the microwave's is.........

3 comments:

Anne said...

You are adorable and I love you but those two are going to give you a run for your money......

and our moms are laughing all the way to the bank.....

Love the story!!!

Anne said...

we are the best toilet paper decorators in the world.... I honestly think it is an art form!!!!

Love ya!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne said...

I MISS YOU AND BRIDGET AND OUR GROUP!!!!!!

LOVE YOU AND THE MEMORIES!!!