Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break

So, if you've seen "Enchanted", read on. If you haven't, why havent't you?! Go see "Enchanted" and come back. This is the first movie I've actually gone out and purchased, we love it so much. So, we watched it last night for, I think, the fourth time. I just asked the kids, this morning, to please pick up their rooms and gave them their time frame for doing so. Went to the kitchen to retrieve my coffee and a book and hear both children singing "Ahhhhh, Ahhhhhh, Ahhhhhhhhhh!" Which, if you'll remember is what Giselle does when she's calling for all of the "forest" animals to come help her clean the apartment. My kids'll try anything to get help cleaning their rooms! :)

We've had a good week, although busy. It's been good practice for this summer. If you didn't know, I let the church know that once Darby is done with school in May, I'm done working. I'm going to stay home with the kids this summer and then when Aidan starts kindergarten in the fall, I'll go back and finish school. It should work out that if I go Tues - Thurs during the day while they are in school, I should be done in about 5 months. So, hopefully by the end of the year! After that, I have no clue what I'll do. I hope to stay home and be PTA President, well, maybe just a classroom helper. Someday, we'd like to build a house and put a shop in it. But, I'm not quite ready to work full-time again, yet. These last two years have really shown me how much I enjoy being home with my kids and available whenever they need me. Which, lately, is a lot of the time!

Just so you know, in the middle of all of these other things, we found out last week that Aidan has to have his adenoids out. While they are in there, they're going to go ahead and take his tonsils, too. His adenoids are massive and so he's very "obstructed" and sounds like he's snoring even when he's awake. They're going to do the surgery next Thursday. He's been having obvious trouble sleeping at night and so we're hoping this will (pardon the pun) "clear" things up. Darby had to have it done when she was three and it made a huge difference in the quality of sleep she was getting - which in turn helped the quality of mood during the day! If you'll keep him in your prayers, I would really appreciate it. He's older than she was and understands more about it - which makes him way more apprehensive about it. We're going this afternoon for his pre-anesthesia appointment and they'll give him a little tour and explain everything to him, which I hope will help!

We still haven't heard the results of the EEG, yet. I will post as soon as we do!

0 comments: