Thursday, March 27, 2008

Surgery


Hi all, we're home! Aidan's tonsils and adenoids came out at 8 o'clock this morning. Everything went super. The surgeon said his adenoids were huge and he was really glad to get them out of there! We had to be at the hospital at 6:30 this morning. I really feel very tested with this getting up early thing. I'm not sure how I did it when I had a REAL job.
They gave him some tylenol with versed this morning before they took him. I think he told me about 8 times "They gived me that medicine. It makes me goofy." And, then
he'd shoot us the goofiest little grin! Too bad they can't give us some of that to bring home, too!
He did great waking up and when they got him up to pediatrics he was all ready for popsicles and the play room. We stayed for about 3 hours and then came home. I think all of the medication they gave him in the operating room started to wear off because as soon as we pulled up in front of the house he started crying and jumped out of the van to puke. Purple popsicle isn't so pretty coming back up!
We took a good nap and now he's enjoying round two of popsicles. Hopefully, by tomorrow we'll graduate to ice cream and pudding. He's really hungry and liquid diets don't cut it!
This really sweet lady came in while we were in the room and gave Aidan a blanket she had made. She told him that she's just a grandma who loves making blankets for little kids who have to stay in the hospital. I thought it was so kind and Aidan really loved the blanket she gave him - plus, he got to bring it home. Nikki, I think I found your next hobby!! :)

0 comments: