Friday, November 16, 2007

Phone Directories, Gingerbread House, and a Biker Bar

Do you know what 7 year olds do when the new school phone directory comes out? They call each other..........A LOT! I think my phone rang 14 and a half times yesterday between 3:45 and 5:30 (when all of the parents got home and restricted their children's phone use.) I even got a whispered "Is Darby there?" from a cell phone. Someone pilfered their mom's cell and placed a secret phone call from the closet. Yeesh!
Darby's class went on a field trip to TPAC today to make gingerbread houses. This is her creation. I've heard "Can I eat it?" 237 times in the 20 minutes she's been home. I've set the "Wait 'till your father gets home" rule. I'm fairly certain I just caught her licking a candy corn..........




Aidan always goes with me on Friday mornings to church to work (since it's a short day.) He usually packs a bag of toys, movies, etc. to keep him occupied and then follows Dale and James around instead. Today he was actually playing cars on my desk while I worked. I heard the usual "Vroom, vroom" and a conversation about going inside. I asked him where the cars were and he nonchalantly replied "A biker bar." Keeping my calm, I asked what it is that cars actually DO at biker bars and I got this..........."Mostly they just walk inside and turn around to leave so they can go race again." Whew!!!



I question Aidan's "imagination" all of the time until Scott reminded me last night that I've convinced him that my "night job" is a ninja and I have to be to work on time and that's why HE needs to get to bed on time. Aidan wanted to see my moves last night but I told him that the Head Ninja doesn't allow me to share them. He said "Or else he'll have to kill me?" I'm breeding geniuses here!

0 comments: